Friday, September 11, 2009

We are moving


Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that Travis, Booker and I are moving...to Pleasant Grove! I know it sounds crazy, but we have a really good reason. Turns out that Travis' parents got tired of living 2 hours away from their family and bought a house in Pleasant Grove. But they are also going on a mission (will probably leave at the end of this month). So they wanted someone in the family to move into it for the year they'll be gone. Let me tell you, almost every child in that family was wanting to do it. Cause the biggest thing is...it will be rent-free. Dan and Maureen had to choose which of us would benefit most from saving all that money for a year and they chose us! So we weighed all the pros and cons and decided that saving over $12,000 in that year would outweigh any con that we could think of. My hour + commute to work, Booker moving schools, the fact that it's only for a year, and living in Utah County, for example. So we're gonna do it! We will move out of here by October 1st. I think I would be more excited (I kind of like moving and setting up a new house) if I didn't love this place so much. I won't miss the crack houses and hookers so much, but I do love this yard. But the PG house has it's virtues too. It has an awesome back yard, totally private, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, really close to Em & Rob, for example. It's going to be pretty sweet. I have a couple pictures here. K, nevermind, you just get the one at the top. Still not posting-savvy enough to get pictures how I want them. So you'll all just have to come for a visit sometime in the next year. There's one plea I do have. This house does not have a lot of storage space. We'll have 2 extra bedrooms which will become an office and art studio, then one small storage closet, but this does not add up to much. I'm hoping we'll fit all our crap in. So I'm begging, any of you (Dan, Em?) I need to have Ben's things stored somewhere else. Here, it's absolutely no problem. Don't even know it's here. But at this PG house, it will be a problem. Would any of you be willing to take some of it? It's maybe 6 boxes and then 4 of those green storage bins. I would really appreciate it and wouldn't even ask if it wasn't going to be a problem for us. We have 3 weeks to figure this out. Love you all and ask for your blessings in our move.

16 comments:

Pops said...

Wow, P.G., huh! Utah County!! Hahaha. Go Cougars! Seems you have given it a lot of thought, so go for it. Hope it all goes well. Don't know if you know that Matt and B are moving in with us in a week. Saving money like you are planning to. We are in the middle of moving Matts office into my office bedroom and making his office into their bedroom. Poor B will have to put up with wierd ol' Pops roaming the house in his white night suit. It will work out fine and be kinda fun, but it is going to crowd our storage to overflowing. All our closets are full now and the garage is really full. I hope someone can take a few of Bens boxes off your hands. Good luck and have a good time. I will miss your current house. What are you going to do with the pool table?

Dan W said...

Congrats on the great opportunity! I'm sure I can take some of the boxes. Call me soon and we can make a better plan. Ben will actually be here Tues night, the 15th, and Sunday night, the 20th (bunking here the first and last nights of a trip in which he'll be in the Sierras for an Impact thing), so maybe I can get some right away and he can even chuck some stuff.... I also understand he's pretty sure he'll be moving back to Utah sometime near Thanksgiving time.

Emily said...

I for one am very excited! It will be fun to live so close to you guys. Thanks to my nesting tendencies the last few months, my storage room is very organized and now has quite a bit of room in it. I can take some of that stuff off your hands, no worries. Perhaps Dan and I can divide it up.

Welcome to Utah Valley hehe.

Cat said...

You guys are the best, thanks so much. I didn't know that B and Matt were moving in. We all need a helping hand once in a while, huh? Yeah for Who By Fire, by the way. One of Lenny's greatest.

Amy said...

Happy for you Cath. Saving all that money is a good thing. I'm sure you'll be glad you did it. It will be nice to have you so close to Em's fam and now Sarah, too. Sue, are you feeling a little deserted? Dad, I cracked up at your white night suit comment!! so funny.

Cat said...

Dad, the pool table is no problem. That's one of the first things we noticed about the house is that there's a room on the middle level that will be plenty big for it. We'll just have the guys that set it up and felted it for us 4 years ago break it back down, we'll move it, and set it back up. Since it's a long move, we're doing the U-haul thing and do it all in maybe two trips.

Dan W said...

Uh, . . .happy to "store" your pool table too just in case you change your mind on that!

Cat said...

Yeah right! We will never give up that thing, we love having it.

Dan W said...

Dang it on the pool table! Had to try!

Glad to hear there are some Leonard Cohen fans out there in Wrightland. Further proof of excellent taste (except for the arrogance about Coldplay--ha ha). So, everyone, what do you think Who By Fire is about? That all life is fleeting and that death might come to anyone, anytime? Or is it less dark? I kind of like not knowing but would love opinions. I've never tried to read up on it or anything.

Neaners said...

Good Luck Cat. I am sure it will be nice for you and definitely saving money is such a bonus. Looks like a big house despite storage area. Take care!

Dan W said...

Picked Ben up at airport last night about 11 and then took him to meet his carpool to Tahoe at 7 this morning. He seems great and is still looking to move back to Utah right around Thanksgiving time. He'll come back to my place Sunday night and leave for home Monday afternoon.

Anyway, he expressed thanks for Cat and Travis storing his stuff this past while and appreciates Em and my taking it from them soon. I'm going to pick up some of it from Travis Friday afternoon. Em, would you prefer taking the boxes or the green bins? I can handle either (and hope to get him working Monday before he flies out sorting and chucking stuff).

Emily said...

I have no preference Dan, they are just going straight to my storage room.

Pops said...

Good luck on the Chucking.

Unknown said...

Booker Thulin, I was friends with him for a while in 7th to 8th grade, I've been trying to find him on facebook with no luck. Is this Booker the same one with the long hair and PS3?

Emily said...

This is booker's aunt and we are pretty sure you have found the right Booker. You can call him at 801.935.4188

camandsue2004 said...

You definitely have the right Booker if he always talked about how awesome his Aunt Sue is.