Monday, December 6, 2010

WTB movie quote guessing game thingy

Hey hey. Just rolled in from a PBS shoot in Cody, good times up there, I'll tell ya what. The Buffalo Bill Historical Center is freakin phenomenal. I absolutely loved it. It was awesome cause we were doing the mojority of our shooting while the place was closed to the public so we had the entire place to ourselves. Whenever we had a break (which was quite often) I got to wander around and go wherever and do whatever I pleased. It was so sick.


I saw this and thought of George. It's the original gun Dan Blocker ("Hoss") wore in the show. They have one of the most comprehensive collections of firearms in the world. I got lost in that section of the museum...twice. It's ridiculous.







So I guess I won again. School of Rock is one of my all-time faves. There was no bippin way I was gonna miss this one. I loves me some Jack Black.


Did you know: the writer, Mike White, who also played Ned Schneebly in this movie, also co-wrote and produced Nacho Libre and Gentlemen Broncos with Jared and Jersusha Hess and he produced a whole bunch of episodes of Freaks and Geeks. Also, I love his cameo in Zombieland (he gets eaten whilst sitting on the toilet) it cracks me up.


Here we go troops... Gonna start off as obscure as I can cause I think this is gonna be a fairly easy one.



Monday's quote: "Eat what? There's nothing here. Gandhi ate more than this."

Man it's hard not to give it away...pretty dang quotable flick.

Wednesday's clue:
Person 1: I remember you being a lot bigger.
Person 2: To a ten year-old I'm huge.


Alright folks if'n ya ain't got 'er by now, here ya go...

Friday giveaway:

Smee: Smee, Smee. What About Smee? Smee! Smee! Smee. Smee. What about Smee? Smee's me. What about me?

Good luck boys and girls.

13 comments:

Pops said...

Oh, yes! I love the firearms collection at the Cody center of Buffalo Bill Cody. I could of spent hours and hours checking out the guns. Very nice place. Glad you liked it Alex.

Dan W said...

Can't imagine looking at guns for more than five minutes. What's the appeal guys? "Wow, the history..." "Wow, think of the hole I could put into somebody with this?" Some other thought?

Dan W said...

Hmmmm, Alex loves Jack Black and Jack White, yet he claims he's not a black and white thinker.... Interesting (or maybe not). I could advance some theories, but I need to cook them up a bit more first.

Emily said...

HAHA!!
Jack White and Jack Black-- that's awesome. I think you should change your name to Jack Gray, Alex! Leaving you cozy and snug in the middle.

Amy said...

The museum in Cody is awesome and the gun collection is very impressive. Just the size of it is pretty incredible, Dan. I'm not much of a gun person, although being George's daughter must make me born with some natural interest, but still found it pretty neat. I chaperoned Annie's 4th grade class and spent the day there. Not enough time!

Pops said...

Yeah! Love my guns! I don't really know the appeal, Dan, just like the smell of cordite and gun oil. I like the machinery of a well crafted firearm. I used to be well into the gun thing back in the late sixties and seventys. My first banking experience was to borrow $300 bucks for a Browning 12 guage over and under made in Belgium. I still have that shotgun and love it. I used to reload and cast my own lead bullets and all that stuff. Yes, I know all the phallic symbolism and that kind 0f stuff. There may something to it and the Macho thing, but I still love and am thrilled to see a collection like in Cody. They have all the Winchesters and Remington models from first to last and it appeals to me.
Sad part of the gun thing for me is that ever since the talk of President Kimball in General Conference Priesthood meeting about killing the little feathered things and furry creatures, I haven't hardly gone hunting since. I hate, just hate to kill anything now. Even swatting flies and steping on roaches gives me pause. How wierd is that. For a guy that used to kill 600 head of cattle a week. Getting older may do that for you. Still love my guns!!

Haley said...

This one is driving me crazy. I know I have seen this movie but can't place it yet. ARGH!

Matt Wright said...

I'm with you Haley... I recognized the first quote and it has been on the tip of my tongue since. Second quote is even more familiar. MAN! I can almost picture their faces, where they are when they say it, the tone of voice, etc.

Good one Spoon...

Alex said...

A few notes about my playlist:

1) "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" is sung by Blink 182, not Simple Plan. Someone labeled it wrong on playlist.com. I realize you guys probably don't care, but I feel like it's a fun alternative to traditional Christmas music.

2) In regards to "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" I want to make it clear that I do not endorse Fallout Boy or Pete Wentz in any way. They kinda represent a lot of parts of my generation that I absolutely loathe. However, I do like this song. Mostly because I enjoy a good ex-gf hate song, and the fact that both of the serious relationships I have had in my short life have come to their bloody, brutal, fiery finales near Christmas time. So I reckon that's why I kinda dig it.

3) The song "Pints of Guinness Make You Strong" is super powerful. Tom Gabel's vocals are pretty rough and a bit hard to understand so it's worth looking up the lyrics if you feel so inclined.

Dan W said...

Fun to hear about these songs, man. Glad no bloody girlfriend fiery end in sight for this year.

I love good hate songs, too. My favorite (though not about a girlfriend but the band's former manager) is Queen's Death on Two Legs. What about the rest of you? What's your favorite hate song?

Haley said...

HELLO?? It's Monday!!! :)

Pops said...

Where o' where is Spooner??? It will be short week for some of us that are going to Mexico. Give us a report on the Crockodyle movie!

Pops said...

Also, getting tired of turning off the playlist!