Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Story for Cath...

Cath, I think you'll find this funny. At work, I am always insanely perky and happy to everyone (Ok, most people). One day, I was wearing my Cassadega hoody with my work vest over it. It has the words Bright Eyes running up one of the sleeves. This kind of emo girl came in to cash a check, and she was like "Is that Bright Eyes the band or the song?" I said "The band." And she was like "Wow, I didn't think anyone else in this town liked them." And I said (in super perky cheerful teller voice) "Yeah, they rock!!". She looked at me like I was insane, took her money, and left.

She probably thinks I stole it from someone cool, or just bought a shirt and have never listened to them. Oh well.

5 comments:

B said...

In case anyone is confused, I sounded like the 13-year old president of the Justin Timberlake fan club. That's not how anyone who actually listens to Bright Eyes sounds. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Word Verf=Chiro!! I want one!!

Cat said...

Yeah, I don't really think I fit the "profile" either. But who cares. It's not like you have to exhibit a certain image that matches your musical likes. I think you can get away with that when you are young.

Matt Wright said...

I agree Cath. Fashion and music seems to be a little too closely related sometimes. The part of the story that is funny to me is that she said "ROCKS!!" ha ha. I don't know why that makes me laugh so much.

Haley said...

I also agree. I can just picture B saying that! Keep it up B, we need more happy people in the world!

Pops said...

What is an emo girl? Sort of a small ostrich girl? hehehehe