Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday's With Sue

Forrest Gump! One of the best movies ever! I have a pretty funny story that goes with this movie. Catherine, Emily and I saw Forrest Gump in some theater in Provo when it came out. There were 2 or 3 really obnoxious guys sitting right behind us. And I mean really obnoxious. During the movie they constantly made very loud comments about how "retarded" Forrest Gump was, they kicked our seats, they basically broke every movie etiquette rule there is. About an hour into the movie, Catherine suddenly stood up, turned around, put her hands on her hips, and yelled "Would you guys shut up!" The people around us laughed and clapped. It was awesome! Cat and Em, do you remember that? It was so funny! If I remember right, they pretty much quieted down after that, but made comments about us. Then when we were in the parking lot, they were behind us and made some comments. I think I turned around and said something like "So, you're going to harrass some girls in the parking lot now?" I'm pretty sure my language was a little more colorful, but you get the jist. I'll never forget that Cat, it was so great what you did.

Anyway, so we have a Sunday's With Sue first! Matt and Emily, you both answered at the same time! We have a tie! Both answers hit my inbox at 11:40. I tried to figure out how to get an exact time-stamp on the emails, like how many seconds into 11:40 the emails were sent, but I couldn't. They hit my inbox at the same time! Matt's is listed first, but my inbox accepted both of them at the exaxt same time! So, I think we need a family decision on this. Do Em and Matt share the win? Or since Matt's was listed first, do we decide that he beat Em by a couple of seconds? Help me on this one! B was third to guess, and Haley guessed Never Ending Story.

This week's movie quote is:

I'm not running myself down. Why? Because I can laugh at myself? It's called a sense of humor. You should get one, they're nice.

15 comments:

Emily said...

If I had to make a decision, I would go with Matt, since his email was listed first, perhaps it really is because it came in a few seconds first. Even though I am at the bad end of this decision, I think that is how I would go.
Matt! That is a pretty cool thing to me! We got it at the exact same time.

Cat said...

I totally remember that, Sue. It was one of my greatest moments in history! I'm never that brave. But they were so ruining the movie. I'm glad I did it.

Emily said...

I remember that too. I remember what disgusted us the most too. When little Forrest was sitting with little Jenny on the bus, one said, "she's hot" and then they all proceeded to discuss how hot this little 6 year old girl was! We couldn't get over the inappropriateness, especially with it coming to light that she was being abused by her father. Ahhhk!

Haley said...

I hate when people do that, it is so rude and annoying. Yeah, I feel like an idiot.....Never Ending Story. Haha. I am having a hard time lately thinking of these. Oh well. Em, when are you going to update us on your ultrasound???!!!

Pops said...

hahha, my word verification is dispeept. Get that, peeps? I am removed from being a peep for being a dispeept! Cool! Way to go Cath on the put down of the creeps at the movie of Forrest Gump. Good work.
I saw Hancock tonight. Pretty cool movie, rather supprizing, but I liked it and it had Jason Bateman in it and Charliez Theron. That's her second movie with Will Smith.. anybody see Legion of Bagger Vance? Big four and a half stars for Ghost Town. I saw that last week and really liked most of it. Some great subtle and not so subtle humor. Very much worth watching and renting.

Amy said...

I would probably give them both the win. Getting it at the same time is incredible. Funny story Cath. Glad you've got guts. When Haley & I saw Twilight for the 2nd time, we had some guys like that behind us. I was so angry. After some dirty looks, we finally gave up and moved to the back. People like that drive me crazy. It's so RUDE!!

Sue said...

I guess we will give the win to Matt. That is very good of you Em. He beat you by mere seconds.

Now I remember them commenting on ht "hot" 6 year old Jenny, what creeps!

And Dad, I'm so glad you mentioned Ghost Town. I watched that a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I was going to do a post recommending it. Ricky Gervais is so funny! He is the guy that created the original BBC version of the Office. He played the boss on that one, very funny.

Emily said...

That's good....Matt could use the help. Ooooohhhhhh.

I'm a gonna have to check out Ghost Town, Ricky Gervais is HI-larious in The Office (BBC).

Pops said...

Do check out Ghost Town, the humor (some dental humor however) is most funny. Tia Lenoie is good and our pal Greg Kennier (sp) is in it. Nice shot to Matt, Ems. Good one!

Sue said...

Cam and I are fans of Inside the Actors Studio when there is someone we like on. And Ricky Gervais was on a couple of weeks ago. He is so funny, we were laughing hard the entire hour.

Here is this weeks hint quote. Hope it helps!

Wait a minute! We don't got non of this stuff in the boy's room! We don't got doors on the stalls, we don't got this, what is this? We don't got a candy machine in the boy's room! I want the principal in here. Right now! I'll wait.

Matt Wright said...

Haven't been on here in a while. You don't have to give either of us the win. I can catch up to Emily with or without it.
I have an update on your Forest Gump experience, directly from my weird memory: You told us about this when you all got home from the movie. Those guys didn't just say that 8 year old Jenny was hot, they said she was "a number". Do any of you recall that?

Word verification is imeat.
is that like a new microwave that Apple is coming out with?

Emily said...

I don't remember the "number" comment. That's probably just my brain protecting itself. Thinking of those guys makes me dispeept.

It's too late Matt, I already gave you the win, and I'm not changing it.

Haley said...

imeat...hehe.

Sue said...

Hi everyone sorry! I've had a terrible time with my computer the last couple of weeks. I finally took it to someone on Sunday and I got it back last night. I think it is actually fixed! I was not able to read any comments or see any pictures or anything. I guess it had something to do with javascript.

Anyway, since it is Wednesday, I'm just going to let the current quote ride until this Sunday. Besides, I've only had 1 correct guess! Here is another hint quote:

This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you're ruining it for me!

B said...

HAHAHA, all these quotes sound are things Matt says to me, especially the first one.