Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Matt's E.R. Video

Hey fam! Remember way back in August when I went to Pittsburgh with the band Elizabethan Report? Here is the first rough cut of the video. I wanted to get your opinions, as movie lovers, music lovers, and most importantly FRESH EYES that haven't seen any of this footage.
I don't mind criticism at all on this, in-fact, I want it. Please let me know if it's dragging on in some area's, if it's confusing, or just wouldn't be interesting to someone who wasn't there.
However, keep in mind that the people who will be watching this will most likely know what the NAMU festival was.
I am most worried about the Performance part, you may find that part to be the slowest. I am working on getting all the footage that American Eagle Outfitters filmed of the whole show, to change up some of the angles, and get a better recording of the Audio. That should improve it immensely. I am also thinking about re editing that part by showing just the highlights of all the songs they played, so it's a little faster paced. I also haven't done any color correction or effects, which will make it a little more visually entertaining. Anyway, tell me what you think!
Much Love!!


How To NAMU with Elizabethan Report from Matt Wright on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Cat said...

I thought the whole thing was very entertaining. Maybe making the performance more visually interesting is a good idea. Way to go Matt!

Matt Wright said...

Thanks Cath! Glad you liked it!

Emily said...

I found it entertaining too, and well done. I like the idea you had about making the performances a little faster paced by showing a bit of each song too, plus some effects would amp it up. It's good!

Haley said...

Yeah, I agree that showing clips of a lot of songs would be more interesting. I really liked how it was set up as a "how to" video. I thought that was unique and cool rico. Haha.

Matt Wright said...

Thanks a lot you guys.
Did the scene with Hillery and Spencer, the bad joke scene go over well with you guys? Was it funny enough for how much time it took? Did it seem out of place at all?

Emily said...

I really liked that part. The look on Spencer's face was hilarious.

Sue said...

I was finally able to watch it! I loved it! The joke part between Spencer and Hilary was very funny. The look on his face was great. This was great Matt. Way to go.

Cat said...

I love that scene with Hillary and Spencer and the jokes. Even though I kind of feel bad for Hillary. What I really love about the video is how it shows the band's relationship in a real way. They have a lot of fun together, obviously. But that scene shows a little awkwardness that is totally honest and real. I love it.

Matt Wright said...

Great feed back peeps! It was REALLY tough to keep this whole thing short, on track, and to the point. I had to cut A LOT of stuff I loved out.
All together I had 20 something hours of footage and had to cut it down to this 14 minutes. Which is actually about right for Documentaries. (hence the DVD extras and what not)
Elizabethan Report understands that they aren't The Beatles, therefore they didn't want this to be a "look at how E.R. does everything when they aren't playing music" because it will start to look self loathing and frankly, most people wouldn't care.
It's just hard to have to make some sad decisions when cutting stuff down.