Saturday, January 17, 2009

B's Top 5 Most Attractive Celebrities

In no particular order:

I was raised on the music of the Rolling Stones, and a documentary of them, and I always wanted to marry Mick.

Photobucket






Tom Hanks may be my favorite actor of all time. He's also brilliant, and was adorable when he was younger. He has since aged very well.

Photobucket

Matt and I watched a Bob Dylan documentary a while ago, and young Bob was SO cute and into his music, and didn't care what anyone thought. He just wanted to play. I also LOVE his sloppy recording style. He could just play it through once, how he thought it might be, and that was it. It was so cool!!

Photobucket

This is Gaspard Ulliel (Gas-par Oo-lee-ay). He is one of the 5 attractive French boys that I found while I was over there, and he's one of their superstars to boot! He is in one of my FAVORITE French movies, called Une Longue Dimanche de Fiancailles (A Very Long Engagement), that I absolutely loved. He also played a young Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal Rising, and has a dimple on just one cheek.

Photobucket

Starring alongside Gaspard in Une Longue Dimanche was the cutest person on the planet, Audrey Tautou (Aw-dray Tah-too). You must all go rent Le Destin Fabuleux d'Amelie Poulain (The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain) right now. It is rated R, due to the French peoples nonchalance about nudity, and one of the characters works somewhere questionable. However, the storyline and cinematography are the best things EVER, so if you can stand subtitles, GO RENT THIS!! She is soooo cute. She also starred (alongside Tom Hanks) in the DaVince Code. Here she is in Amelie demonstrating how one of her favorite things to do is crack through the top of Creme Brulee. This is probably my favorite movie ever.

Photobucket


Hehe, one honorable mention. Despite my aversion to all things country now, I used to want to marry Garth Brooks if Mick Jagger wasn't available. He was cute in a cowboy way, and I still am a huge fan.

Photobucket








Emily's picks








I used to be obsessed with the dude from Train's mouth. I always just liked his mouth. His music? Eh.







I went 30+ years never realizing how cute Jude Law was. He is cute! Perhaps the only fair haired man I have ever thought good looking.
I do like Colin Firth

Denny, the guy who died waiting for his heart in Grey's Anatomy is attractive

And last but not least-- Jonny. Now, this is not the reason I love him so much, it is just incidental. His talent far out weighs his looks.
I added this picture just for you Sue, Look! He is almost smiling...

Haley's Picks:
(By the way, I totally agree with Em and B that I really could care less about attractive celebrities. I may notice but just move on and think how cute my husband is! Hehe. So, in no particular order, here are my picks.)

Christian Bale
I think I first thought he was cute when I was a teenager and saw him in Little Women. I also think he makes a great Batman.

Josh Hartnett
Call me 13, but I have always thought he was cute.


John Travolta
What more can I say?


Legolas.....
Hehe. Confession time. I don't know why but I thought Legolas (Orlando Bloom) was good looking.


Richard Armitage
I think my mom and I both thought he was good looking when we watched "North & South." Haha. Which was really good by the way Em, nice recommendation.


Sue's picks:
First, I just want to say WAY TO GO!! Thank you girls for not picking obvious choices like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Johnny Depp and Leo!!! Although some of the picks are beyond me, (Garth Brooks for instance) this is a great post that shows what we all see as attractive. This post was hard for me because looks really mean nothing to me. So, over the last couple of days, I really tried to concentrate on what actors just look good to me. I came up with three actors that, when I see them in a TV show or a movie, I say to myself "dang, he is good-looking".


Jason Bateman. He is so dang cute! I have had a crush on him since I was like 10 years old. I think if you were to look up "cute" in the dictionary, a picture of Jason Bateman would come up. I am also a huge fan of his acting. "Arrested Developement" was a great show and he was so great as the druggie, commentarie guy in Dodgeball.



Ed Norton. I think he is one of the best looking Hollywood guys there is. There is so much to like about him. He is a great actor, he is good looking, he is a great actor etc.... He has such a great voice! I am a total voice person. And I love the sound of Ed Norton's voice. He is one of the few actors that I will see a movie just because he is in it.



And my pick on the most attractive celebrity? Peter Sarsgaard! So far, he has mostly done Broadway and some Independant Films. He is so talented and cute, he will someday win an Oscar for sure. He is an amazing actor and he has one of the best voices I've ever heard. For some reason, the actual sound of someone's voice, is quite attractive to me. If you want to see how good he is than see Garden State or Shattered Glass. Or just wait until Hollywood realizes how amazing he his. He is definitely my pick on the best looking actor out there.

28 comments:

B said...

Shoot. Em, I can't get those last 2 pictures to be smaller. Can you help me?

Cat said...

Wow. I don't think any of them are at all attractive! How weird. We must have totally opposite ideas of attractiveness.

Haley said...

Cat, I feel the same way!!!! I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one. Hehe.

Matt Wright said...

At least her attraction to me makes a lot more sense.

Emily said...

yes B, I would LOVE to make that last picture of Garth Brooks smaller, but I imagine you meant Tom Hanks and the Amelie girl. Is that the movie (by the way) that was released in the states as simply, "Amelie"? I know it's the same girl. I figure it's the same movie, if so, I loved that movie.

Emily said...

I granted everyone administration privileges, so everyone can add pictures to top fives where pictures are appropriate. I'm a visual person and assume everyone else is. It would be nice if we could simply add pictures to the comments, but you can't, so this is the best we can do.

Please don't let this come across as cheesy, because I mean it in a very non cheesy way. After Rob, I really don't look at men the same way. I'm just not like -he's hot! all the time. I assume it is the same for all of us, since we are all married. I just wanted to add that. While I do find these guys attractive, I really don't care you know? But I like to see what everyone's idea of attractiveness is, it is interesting.

B said...

Amen to that Em. I can look at guys and say "Gee, they are good looking" and that is as far as it goes.

I would like to add that with the exception of Johnny and Jude, I do not find any of Em's picks attractive. I'm excited to see what everyone else does!

And yes Em, I did mean the second to last 2 pitures. Thank you.

Oh, and I work with a distant relative of some heart patient who died on Grey's Anatomy, and I'm pretty sure it was Denny.

Emily said...

the North and South guy was attractive, I liked his pointy nose. Christian Bale was in my top 5 when I was in high school back in the Newsies/Swing Kids days. It was him, Robert Sean Leonard, and Micheal Schoeffling (Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken and 16 Candles)

Pops said...

Yeah, Cat and haley: I'm with you guys, I don't see much attractiveness in most of the pictures. Tom Hanks was cute when he was younger (splash). The rest are pretty sucko in my opinion. However I feel rather wierd commenting on the looks of males and am waiting for the posting of females.

B said...

I do not get the obsession with Christian Bale. That is one of Matt's man crushes, and I really don't find him attractive. The rest of Haleys picks are just egh.

Matt and I started talking about Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken the other day, and decided we needed to watch it again, so Em, you should bring the 4 of you up here and watch it with us. And Cath and Sue are of course invited too!!!

Emily said...

Dad - the post isn't "top 5 attractive male celebrities, the people who have given an opinion just happen to be girls. It is more then appropriate for you to make your choices and chose women-- right on this post.

I'm totally in on Wild Hearts, I haven't seen it in almost 15 years-- it would be fun to see it again.

Haley said...

Mine are egh and you picked Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger! That is funny!

B said...

Sue, I totally second your vote for Edward Norton. Hehe, he is an awesome actor too, and likes to play roles where he's either pulling the wool over someones eyes (Primal Fear), or getting himself into bad situations (Fight Club = brilliant! And The Score fits in both categories).

Cat said...

I like Christian Bale too. I think he makes a really great Bruce Wayne, but a crappy Batman. That voice thing is just so bad.

Pops said...

"Wild Hearts" that the movie with the horses jumping into a tank of water? Flying horses! sounds like a Wyoming truck stop. I agree with the bad batman voice, but have come to like Bale in most of his movies. I will go see one because he is in it. Like Ed Norton and my boy, Kevin Cosner. We ought to do a post of voices we like and dislike...put james Earl Jones on the like list for me. Put Toby McGuire on the not so good voice list.

Cat said...

Yes, Tobey has one fault. His voice is not so great. Greatest speaking voices, hmmm: Morgan Freeman, Kim Deal, the guy who plays Simon on ER, John Travolta, Naveen Andrews, Angela Bassett, and Danny Noriega!

Cat said...

EWWW...Josh Hartnett. Gross!

Haley said...

Hehe. I knew Josh would get some of you guys. I was just having such a hard time thinking of people to put on there I had to revert to my "tween" years crushes. Haha. I love Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!! I haven't seen that is so long. Yes Tobey McGuire has a pretty whiny voice. And I agree that the Batman voice is terrible.

Sue said...

I can't believe I forgot to put John Cusak!

Emily said...

James Earl Jones does have a great voice. So does Alan Rickman, it used to take me off guard, now I love it!

I think Toby McGuire's voice is cute and squeaky.

I have noticed I have a bit of an affinity for whiny MALE voices (female - bleh). Robert Smith, Adam Duritz (Counting Crows), Thom Yorke is whiny I guess (that's what some people say at least).

Amy said...

I'm finally commenting. Some of your choices perplexed me a little, I have to say, especially B's. Most of them I have to agree with. It's kindof funny what makes people attractive. I agree with Sue and the voice thing. It can really make or break a person. By the way, I think Toby McGuire's voice makes him cuter. But a lot of guys aren't the best looking, but are intriguing because of their sytle or personality or a certain feature like eyes, mouths, (crooked smiles) etc. My examples of this would be John Travolta, Tom Hanks, Colin Firth and lots of others. Anyway, I hope this ramble makes sense. I have to agree my taste agreed most closely to Haley (like mother like daughter) and Sue's I think. I don't like Christian Bales mouth and I can't see Jason Bateman without seeing him as 15 yrs. old. I can't really think of anyone else to add.

Cat said...

I agree with Amy about Tobey's voice. I can't picture him sounding any other way and it suits him perfectly.

Sue said...

Tobey's voice does suit him well. I totally agree with Amy on Christian Bale's mouth! It looks he like he has chew or a retainer or something when he talks. I didn't know you were a voice person too Amy. No matter how good looking someone is, if they have on of those nasally, Kermit the Frog, voices it is a total turn off. Like Ray Ramano, I don't find him attractive, but he is an example of one of those voices.

I was flipping around the channels this morning and caught a very young, like 10 year old Jason Bateman on Little House on the Prairie!

Haley said...

I totally agree with the personality thing as well. Hehe, I'm glad we are so similar mom! I also think that humor can make someone attractive.

Pops said...

Was Christian Bale in Newsies and Swing kids? Didn't know that and I loved those movies. Voices: Put Sean Connery on top of the list with his deep Scottish Broque and a pretty good looking dude also, one of those guys that get better looking the older they get. James Stewart had a unique voice that sort of fit his acting style. Cary Grant had a good voice, but that is old school for you guys.

Emily said...

Christian Bale was like the lead in both those movies. In Newsies he was Jack "the cowboy" and does some great dances I might add. In Swing Kids, he was the friend that joined the Nazis with Robert Sean Leonard, so they could avoid suspicion and he was the one that ends up falling for all the propaganda. Good dancing there too. He doesn't dance enough in his movie roles anymore.....

Emily said...

Oh yeah, good call on Connery as having the best voice. Ditto. I almost had Cary Grant as one of my most attractive celebrities, but he got bumped. He had a very unique voice/accent, and good ol' just tall dark and handsome.

Pops said...

Chris Walken still at least does a dance step in all his movies. What a character. Speaking of characters, I was home waiting to go back to the airport this afternoon and scrolled through the movies and watched the first 45 minutes of "Best of Show" What a hoot! There are some of the funniest characters and scenes in that movie. The bitchy couple with the gray Weimeramier (sp) are the best. the bee toy! hee hee...