Thursday, January 22, 2009

the Visitor (again)

I had the kitchen TV on at 6:40 this morning while I was feeding Duncan and fixing my Pero and Peanut butter sandwitch. They announced the Oscar nominations on the TV and Richard Jenkins was nominated for best actor in the Visitor. I watched the movie last night by my self as mom was at the Phister doing the American Idol thing and doing something else. Anyway, I loved the movie. Do see it. Tarek and Zainab and the mother were just great as was mr. Jenkins. Read Sue's Posting about the movie and then go rent it.
Hard to believe "The Dark Knight" didn't get best picture nomination. Snobs and elitest creeps that vote are nuts, but they do get a few things wright as per Richard Jenkins.

8 comments:

Haley said...

What's a pero and peanut butter sandwich?

Sue said...

You still drink Pero? I wonder if Cam would like that.

Anyway, I'm so glad you watched the Visitor and liked it! And I'm so glad Richard Jenkins got nominated for an Oscar! That is great news, he deserves it. I didn't know they announced those today, and I just looked up the list of nominations. I've hardly seen any of the movies that are listed. The Dark Knight seems to be everywhere, but best picture.

I think it's funny Robert Downey Jr got nominated. Has anyone seen Tropic Thunder? I saw it, it was pretty good.

Cat you and I still need to go see Milk. I also really want to se Frost/Nixon.

Pops said...

General Foods quit making Postum about a year ago. Pero is a grain hot beverage like postum. I have it now and then. Some mornings like today I make a peanut butter and orange marmalade samitch. Now you know my morning secrets.

Sue said...

Pero doesn't have caffeine right? Cam cannot handle caffeine in the morning, but he wouldn't mind having a hot drink these mornings that are like 6 degrees.

Pops said...

Yeah, no caffeine. It is very much like postum was. I don't drink it very much, only when I get tired of hot chocolate and it has less calories.

I want to see Frost/Nixon a lot. I remember those interviews on television. Milk I'll pass on. Dan White was the ex police/fireman that shot and killed the mayor and the Milk guy. He on got 5 years for involuntary manslaughter for the two murders. San francisco is a wierd place.

Cat said...

I totally want to see Frost Nixon and Milk. Sue, we have to do this. Plus I have a really be-lated Christmas present for you.

Pops said...

Matt and B have been watching "The Visitor" and I know Matt loved it a lot. I haven't talked to B about it. Mom and I went and saw "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith friday night and rather like it. Maybe liked it a lot. Different the way it was shot and edited (Matt would be interested) but well done and interesting. Be a good rental.

Sue said...

I figured Matt would like the Visitor. That Seven Pounds movie didn't seem appealing to me at all. But it was okay? Maybe I'll rent it.