Saturday, January 3, 2009

5 stars! A Wright Classic...Remade


If you haven't seen this, do yourselves a huge favor, que it! It is outrageously funny. I literally slapped my knee several times. The Producers is definitely a Wright classic, and this remake is just great. It brought up so many memories watching it! Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick are amazing as Bialystock and Bloom. Will Ferrell is Franz Leibkin!! And the lovely and lithe Uma Thurman is great as Ula. So good, so good, so good!!

5 comments:

Haley said...

I think this movie is hilarious, Matthew Broderick is soooo funny in it, classic. It was dirty in some parts which is lame. I love Will Ferrell's character, he is so funny. Sometimes Marcus and I will just break into song with "Springtime for Hitler!" Definitely a classic one.

Emily said...

I was living in NY when this show hit Broadway with Broderick and Lane and I wanted to go SO BAD! Too bad it sold out so fast and was impossibly expensive. I was glad to see them make a movie with the two, but kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. I love the original, funny story.

B said...

This movie is classic. I do remember taking it over to Phisters for a movie night when I'd just begun dating Matt, and it made for a couple of highly awkward moments. But I want to see it again!

Sue said...

I haven't seen this version. I keep meaning to. I own the original one. And Cam and I saw it at Capital Theater when it came through Salt Lake a couple of years ago, it was great on stage! I will have to give this version a try. I like all the actors in it, especially Will Ferrell!

Pops said...

I so like the original version with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder that when Mom and I saw the musical verson we were not that impressed. That is the problem with a remake of a classic.