Thursday, July 16, 2009

UNDER THE RADAR "DEFIANCE" 3.5 STARS


Good movie, Peeps:  Good story, good acting and a true story.  What's a better story than Jews getting away from the Germans and camping and surviving in the woods for three years?  Interesting and gripping and I liked it.  History also as the Red army was involved in the story.
Take a chance and check it out.    By-the-way, I noticed today that "Taking Chance" the movie got quite a few (10) Emmy nominations.   Well deserved.  Laugh or not, I netflixed "Pineapple Express" and watched 10 minutes of it tonight and stopped.  Put it in the envelope and mailing it back tomorrow.  So foul language that even I didn't want to be more polluted and hear any more.  And I like Franco a lot.  So much for me.  Keep the pictures of Scout and Allison coming for they make my week.

6 comments:

Neaners said...

It is already in my que. I heard great things about it too from other friends.I enjoy a lot of the period pieces. Did you see Valkyrie? Pretty good. Learned much more about Hitler. I am looking forward to it. Thanks.

Sue said...

I've been interested in seeing this too. I'll definitely rent it now that you liked it dad. And I like Daniel Craig! I haven't seen him in anything except the 2 Bond films.

And for Pineapple Express. Personally, I think it is the funniest movie I've seen in years. James Franco is brilliant, and I'm a Seth Rogan fan as well. I don't know if I've ever laughed out loud as much as I did watching that movie. I rented it when it first came out and Cam and I and our friend Lanny watched it one Saturday afternoon. It took us forever to watch that movie because we kept having to go back and watch parts because we were laughing so hard we missed scenes. It's definitely not a movie I would recommend to everyone, but I still giggle sometimes when I think of it.

Cat said...

I love Pineapple Express! But could totally see why it shouldn't be recommended here.

Pops said...

For two weeks "Gran Torino" has been at the top of my netflix Q and they won't or can't ship it. Must be a big demand or they didn't order enough of them. I have never been delayed like this. Only with Gran Torino. I wish they delayed Pineapple Express.

Amy said...

I love WWII stories. I'll have to check it out. Oh, and we watched "Taking Chance" monday night and I loved it. I also noticed all of the Emmy nominations. I'm glad it's getting recognized.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.