Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hero. 4 stars!




So Matt's good friend Lee loaned us 4 movies to watch, which included this one, Memoirs of a Geisha, and 2 anime films that he told Matt to try. I'd been feeling under the weather and watching Pride and Prejudice all day, so I was ready for a drastic change. We saw that it was presented by Quentin Tarantino, meaning he saw it and loved it and brought it to the states. We figured if Quentin liked it, it'd be pretty dang good. And no surprise, it was AMAZING!! It's all in subtitles, which I enjoy and Matt hates, but didn't mind this time. The imagery alone is worth watching this movie. The use of colors is incredible, the scenes in the palace courtyard are just epic, the storyline is SO interesting to follow, the ending is surprising and heroic (for lack of a better adjective), and the action scenes are a little unrealistic, but still fun. I won't spoil anything, but I really really like the ending, which will probably surprise anyone who sees this. I'll just leave it at that. Anyways, see this if you're in the mood for a good action film (with hardly any blood), stunning imagery, a little history/crash course in Chinese dialect, and a powerful message, see this.

4 comments:

Neaners said...

I agree B! Great movie and I don't mind subtitles. I think I own it so I will need to watch it again:)

Sue said...

Cam and I saw this movie and really liked it. I think it was the first time we had heard of Jet Li. Seems like we saw it a long time ago, before we were married. Good movie. Totally recommend it.

Emily said...

Cool. I want to see it.

Pops said...

I waant to see it also.