Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Trivia Bippage

So, as some of you may know, I recently got this iPod touch thingy. It's bippin amazing. I absolutely love it, other than the fact that I am now addicted to several of the free games it offers me. Goodbye productivity. The very first thing I downloaded on my device a couple of weeks ago is a game called "Death Worm" Look it up. It's pretty much a game based on the movie "Tremors". Same worm lookin monster and a desert and everything.

So, I was hangin out after class last week playin my game, when my friend Caleb asked me what I was doing. I showed him what was up and he was like, "Dude this is just like Tremors." and I was like, "I know, right? I love that flick." Which sparked a conversation about it and about how when the zombie apocalypse comes, it'd sure be nice to have Burt Gummer around. One thing you should know about my friend Caleb: he's probably seen more movies than all of us put together and he lives to quote them. It's ridiculous. He can go on forever reciting old lines. So whilst we were having the Burt Gummer convo, he busted out the "Cannon fuse" quote. That was on Friday. Monday I couldn't believe my luck when I checked the blog.

I get lucky with this game alot. Too bad I can't catch a fish to save my life. Averaging 6 hours a day. 5 days. 12 baited lines per day = 0 fishes. NOT COOL.

So here we go again kiddos.

QUOTE 1:

D: Could you make me a woman?
F: Honey, I'm so happy!
[hugs D]
D: I knew you'd understand.


QUOTE 2:

D: Wow, films. Will I be introducing these movies on air?
T: Not exactly.
D: What do I do?
T: Well you take all these cans, you box 'em, you ship 'em. Then you box those cans over there, ship them, then more will come in. You box those, you ship those. Any questions?

D: After you box them...?
T: You ship 'em. Lotsa luck, smartass.
D: I think I made a friend.


As if it needed giving away...

"I saw it, Sir. It was a run by fruiting!"


Git 'er dun.

11 comments:

Dan W said...

Congrats, Alex! Definitely a good flick and one I will tend to watch as I come across it.

I've now updated the standings. Alex now tied with me!? Terrible! (I have a feeling I already know this week's, so we'll see if I can pull ahead of him again.) After all, everything is about ME, folks! You're all just obstacles to my ultimate triumph.

Emily said...

haha! (that was funny)

Alex- I think your problem might be that the fish are all little fish-cicles out there.

Alex said...

I almost wish that was the case, Ems, for if that were the case I wouldn't have this feeling of defeat- it would be a simple case of "oh, the fish are frozen, of course I'm not going to catch one." But the fact of the matter is that the fish are not frozen. They are alive and healthy and everyone else seems to be having no trouble catching them.

An upstairs neighbor of mine from New Jersey went out with her friend a few weekends ago. She had never been fishing- let alone ice fishing. They were set up about half a mile away from where I was fishing that day. She pulled out a 16 pound catfish within an hour of being there. It was so fat that they had to drill an extra hole next to the existing one to make the opening wide enough. She and her party went on to catch 33 fish that day.

WHAT THE HELL????

Alex said...

Give a good listen to the Josh Ritter tune. He is amazing. Not an easy task to write a song about falling in love with a girl in a nuclear missle silo.

Pops said...

I like the Chris Ledoux song. He was a real cowboy, artist and singer. Good Wyoming guy, too bad he died of the Big C a few years ago.

Dan W said...

The brother of a woman I worked with ten-plus years ago was terribly injured in a rodeo accident. Chris Ledoux somehow found about it and took the time to get to know him and then kept up the friendship for many, many years (my guess right up until he, himself, died), calling from time to time, visiting whenever he was in Utah, making sure to get the family great seats at concerts, always giving a shout out to her brother from the stage, etc. Anyway, even without at that time ever hearing a CL song (and I can't say I've still heard many all the way through--just not a country or rodeo music guy) I decided from hearing from her that he was the real deal. Everything I've read in the intervening years seem to back up that this was simply the kind of person he was. As you say, George, his death was a real loss.

Dan W said...

Oh, yeah. Thanks for the movie recommendation, Cat. I'll try to check it out!

Haley said...

WE'RE WAITING!!!!!

Dan W said...

Haley, we must both think we got it right pretty early! So come on, Alex! Post the results!

Emily said...

I got it right early too. Heated competition!

Haley said...

I got it right early too. AHH! Hurry up!