Sunday, December 14, 2008

Emily's Fun Facts & Entertainment News

A little Christmas cheer, random drunkenness, and an interesting difference between men and women.


Fun Fact #3 -
The song "Jingle Bells" was originally written and sung for Thanksgiving, but as it often goes, Christmas stole it's thunder.

Fun Fact #4 -
Charles Dickens wrote "A Christmas Carol" in just 6 weeks (in 1843).


Fun Fact #5 -
Men process women's voices using the musical parts of their brain, and women process men's voices using the mathematical part of their brain. Something to think about...... we really do hear each other differently.

Fun Fact #6 -
(This is my all time favorite Radiohead fun fact I have come across, I had to share it)
While trying to record "Planet Telex" (of The Bends), they decided to take a break and go to a pub. After mass amounts of wine, they went back to the studio. Thom was "a little tipsy" and had a hard time standing, so he pulled up a cot and did the vocals lying down, and it must have worked, cause it's that recording we hear on the album. -While not my favorite track of the album, I can't help smiling every time I hear it to picture him singing it.


Entertainment news:
They have picked a new directer for New Moon (YAY!!!!!!!!!), and it is Chris Weitz who directed (and wrote the Screenplay) for one of my favorites, "About A Boy". So needless to say, I am thrilled with the news. Weitz kind of specializes in turning books into movies, so I think he is up to the task.




















5 comments:

Sue said...

I hope this Chris Weitz does a good job. I just looked him up on IMDB and he was involved, mainly as a producer, in a few of the American Pie movies. I'm willing to give him a chance, but if Eugene Levy is cast as Aros and there is a scene with Edward and a cherry pie, I am walking out!

Emily said...

American Pie. Yes. That is a stain on the human race. Haven't seen it, but know enough.
He has done other and better things to his credit and since Hardwicke is gone, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Haley said...

I can't believe he wrote that in 6 weeks! He's a genius. I hope he does a good job on New Moon. I hope so!

ajmah said...

So what happened to fun facts 1 & 2?

Emily said...

They are on the previous Fun fact/E.R., I figured I would keep a running number....