Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday's With Sue

Last week's quote was from The Mary Tyler Moore Show! It was a tough one for everyone. Cat was the first to get it! Yay Cat! Em guessed next and that is it. Cat didn't recognize the first quote, but she just knew it had to be Ted and Murray. Em got it after the second quote. I took that quote from the very funny Chuckles the Clown dies episode. If you haven't seen that one, Chuckles is killed by an elephant in a parade, because he is dressed like a peanut. The whole office makes jokes about it and Mary thinks they are horrible, because a co-worker of theirs was killed. Then at the funeral she starts laughing and can't stop. Very funny. TV Guide actually voted that episode the #1 best TV episode ever.

Here is this week's quote from a movie:

I'm keeping the mink. Is that wrong?

By the way, I watched the best movie this morning. The Darjeeling Limited with Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Swartzmann. I absolutely loved it and will definitely buy it. It is a Wes Anderson movie. Wes Anderson is becoming one of my favorite directors (Rushmore, Royal Tananbaums, The Life Aquatic). Anyway, it's rated R, but I really don't know why. I think the F word is used like twice, but that is it. I'd do an Under the Radar on it, but I'm tired and I'm trying not to do rated R ones, so I'm just doing a quick recommendation.

7 comments:

Emily said...

A little song,
A little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.

Sue said...

Mary--Suppose he hadn't been dressed as a peanut. Would his death still be funny?

Murray--It could have been worse. He could've gone as Billy Banana and had a gorilla peel him to death!

Sue said...

I forgot to do the Wednesday hint! This week is going by way fast! Cam and I both kept thinking it was Tuesday yesterday. I don't mind being a day off when it is in my favor. Especially when I have something fun planned for the weekend like a trip to Wyoming! I can't wait, it's going to be fun, and I'm bringing my puppets!

Okay, here is the 2nd quote:

As police inspector I give you my word that the case will be investigated in a very slipshod manner.

See you WY people tomorrow night!

Sue said...

I forgot to do the Wednesday hint! This week is going by way fast! Cam and I both kept thinking it was Tuesday yesterday. I don't mind being a day off when it is in my favor. Especially when I have something fun planned for the weekend like a trip to Wyoming! I can't wait, it's going to be fun, and I'm bringing my puppets!

Okay, here is the 2nd quote:

As police inspector I give you my word that the case will be investigated in a very slipshod manner.

See you WY people tomorrow night!

B said...

YES!! PUPPETS!!!!!! I cannot wait for the wedding announcement one. You should bring your BodyWorlds notes too. Those are great.

Sue said...

I love the wedding announcement puppet! And my obituary clowns! I keep my Body Worlds notes in my purse. I've decided that whole little notebook is going to be dedicated to my observations.

Emily said...

It's Tuesday Sue.... What the bip?