Saturday, January 16, 2010

WTB Movie is this?

I thought we would start WTB off with a bang AKA a little Neil. It's The Jazz Singer. This movie has a place in my heart for a few reasons. The first is, I remember Cath and I playing "Jazz Singer" while other kids were playing "house" when we lived in our first house in Mapleton (that would place me at 3 or 4). I remember acting it out and taking turns being Molly and Jess. My other fond memory of this movie happened only a year or two ago when we watched this together at The Phister's. I don't know when I have had more fun watching a movie in my life. (A few views of P's T's and A's have come close). I think everyone would concur that the highlight of that night was when Neil had his shirt off and Scott goes, "please tell me he is holding kittens". I believe later that weekend, he drew us a picture of Neil with kittens scrabbling to get out of his shirt. Anyway from there on, Neil's "kittens" have been a much abused source of entertainment for the Wright gang. Good times!

I think that it is only fitting (and not surprising) that Cat won! Good job Cat, it's been a while. Dan came second, and Dan you expressed assurance that you weren't the first, but I've got news for you, Cat only beat you by 14 minutes! They were followed by Amy, B, Matt, then Sue. That's it! Matt is the only one that hazarded a guess with the first quote and he guessed "Reservoir Dogs", Dan and Cat got it immediately with the second quote and B guessed The Money Pit, and Haley guessed Young Frankenstein. Amy got it with the second quote, but a little late, then Matt and Sue and B got it finally with the Friday hint.

That was fun (but Sue I salute you again for doing that for over a year! This way is much better, one person won't get burned out.)

So Cat, the ball's in your court!



Had to add this pic, I love it with cute little old Laurence Olivier.

10 comments:

Haley said...

I was the one who guessed Young Frankenstein. I have only seen this movie the one infamous time.

Matt Wright said...

One of these days Haley, you will be wright guessing Young Frankenstein. Hehe. Haven't you guessed that a few times?

Amy and I both had a good laugh just now reading that when all other kids were playing "house", you guys were playing "Jazz Singer". Pure awesomeness.
I am so embarrassed I guessed Rez dogs... Can you guys just erase that from your memories please? I sent a note with it saying "I know this is wrong, but I promised I would play" or something like that.
Good choice on the movie Em.

Haley said...

I don't recall ever guessing Young Frankenstein. I have guessed What About Bob? multiple times, that is probably what you are thinking of.

Emily said...

After hearing your Rez guess, I read through the quote and I thought it was a plausible guess. No need for embarrassment. Although, they did always call them by their color names and didn't use the real ones ever.... sorry for the mix up though, I am going to just fix the original post. B guessed Money Pit after quote #2, and I just messed up. This is hard work!

Dan W said...

Way to go Cat. 14 minutes... Ugh! Congrats.

Awesome start to the new game, Em. Brilliant to do this movie first given this bunch of Neilies (or whatever the term is for Diamond fanatics).

Dan W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I had to sit and think, "You mean we haven't done "Jazz Singer" yet?! I couldn't quite remember. Glad I made a guess. I was about 95% sure, only after the 2nd clue. Great choice Em!

Emily said...

I updated the win totals and such and scroll down to view a SWS "plaque" I added.

RIP SWS

ajmah said...

Alex and I have been cracking up about the "kittens". That's just hilarious!

Pops said...

I would have gotten it, with the last two hints, but I didn't get on the computer much at the end of the week. Good work, Cat. Kittens to you all.....