Sunday, April 25, 2010

WTB: NEW MOVIE Last week of April

Yeah, Dan, you have to start early to beat me when I know the quote and I have to be at the airport at 4:45 AM. I don't know many quotes but I knew that one. I rented the movie about a month ago and enjoyed it huge again. So many funny lines. A little sappy and slapstick at times, but the characters are so funny. Eunice Burns (M. Kahn) is great. Same for Kenneth Mars as a german professor. The whole scene with Judge Maxwell is classic. Anyway, good one Ems and I am back in the winners circle. Not as a Laker, but as a movie guesser guy.

Okay, here we go. First quote:

Girl: "It must be a drag to be a slave to the male sex drive."

Boy: "It's not just sex."

Girl: Oh, you want to start a book club with her?"


Extra quote: Girl: "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs."


have fun, peeps......

10 comments:

Haley said...

What the bip is right.

Emily said...

Scout is going to be thrilled that Man in the mirror is on there, it's her favorite.

Sorry, but could not find: The Kingston Trio- Tijuana Jail or Glenn Yarbrough- She Touched Me

Tom Waits???? That cracks me up.

Dan W said...

Congrats, George! Definitely a fun/funny movie.

The music on the blog is VERY different this week, for sure! You are single-handedly keeping Linda Ronstadt music alive! Until you put her on your lists here, I can't ever say I hear of her!

Pops said...

Bum you can't get Glenn Yarbrough. Don't care much about the Kingston Trio song, but Glenn I wanted all the hear. Thanks anyway, Em and for all you do for us. Didn't know Scout had favorates and that Man in the Mirror was one... Cool!

Pops said...

Quote for Wednesday. My four girls should get this movie, at least when I give the slamdunk quote on Friday I am thinking of. No guesses yet, so it is still wide open.

Boy: "See, a lot of guys I know think that you're...confused. But I know it's just an act. Wanna know how I know?"

Girl: "Enlighten me."

Boy: "Because you radiate this sexual vibe and I know that if you wanted, you could be a girl (snaps fingers) like that."

Girl: "Ray, this is 1967. Did you know a girl can be whatever she wants to be?"

Boy: "I know. My mom's a plumber."

Girl: "That explains a lot about you,
Ray"

Dan W said...

Wow, sounds like a fun movie. Wish I recognized it!

Neaners said...

I have absolutely no clue either. I must not have seen it or maybe a long time ago. I am anxious to see Friday's slam dunk one.

Pops said...

Okay, peeps, here is the Friday quote. I believe is you have seen the movie you will get it from this quote. If you haven't seen the movie, you should. Nice little Teen love story.

Quote: No 1

Girl: "I've just never seen a girl wearing boys underpants before."

Girl: "Have you ever seen a girl with a drumstick shoved up her nose?"

Quote: No 2

Girl: "Because I'm driving you crazy and you"re driving me crazy and I'd rather not see you and have you think good things about me than have you see me and hate me. 'Cause I can't afford to have you hate me, Keith. The only things I care about in this ...damn life are me and my drums and you."

There you are, folks. No guesses as of yet. Get with it........ w.v. pities hahaha

Dan W said...

Count me stumped. But it does sound like a kind of fun flick! Good luck to someone!

wv: tedewire (coming down to the wire on this one?)

Haley said...

No idea.