Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Steve Martin and John Candy
5 Stars!

This is a movie I enjoy immensely to watch with my family, in fact, putting this movie on is an event in our household. Steve Martin just wants to go home for Thanksgiving, but he keeps running into John Candy. There are some scenes that just put us on the floor, such as:

-Neal (Steve Martin) getting out of the shower and using a tiny little washcloth to dry off with as Dell (John Candy) has used all the towels, then he proceeds to wash his face in a sink filled with Dell's dirty socks and dry his face with his giant underwear.

- "Those aren't pillows!"

- "They can buff that out, no problem"

But this movie's crowning achievement is a cameo by an actor that is in a ton of movies, but is known in our family as "Owen". Owen is a household name with us and can be reproduced for good laughs anytime for hours with an impression by Scott.
He is chewing on tobacco the whole time and snorts and makes this face...........man, that's some good cinema!

"You the shower curtain fella?"



"People train don't run outta Witchita, lessen your a hog or a cattle. People train run outta (insert face) studville."

4 comments:

Sue said...

P's, T's and A's. Cam's sister gave me a copy of it last year for Christmas. She had no idea the family history we had with the movie.

Owen: "the first one came out sideways"

Emily said...

Love me some P's T's and A's. We don't have a copy of it at our house though, boo. Once in a while at the Phister's is good enough though I guess.
I was proud of myself for finding such a great picture of Owen, I must say.

Sue said...

That is a great picture of Owen. I can't believe it's the same actor who's the professor in Spiderman!

Cam's sister is determined to get us a holiday related movie every year. Works for me.

Matt Wright said...

One of my favorite and most quoted (by me) lines from the movie:

"Your like a chatty-kathy doll... Except I wouldn't pull the string, you would. AAAH, AAAH, AAAH..."