Friday, September 26, 2008

Top five random comments from Pops

1. Eye donont spill two goodt, so don't laugh.

2. Steve Martin (Bowfinger) rubber banding the dogs legs together is a Wright classic.

3. P.T.& A. is special. John Candy is under appreciated, just see Uncle Buck again if you don't
think so. And also Splash. Where did that picture of "Owen" come from? You have to do
something with that for Skippy for Christmas. Is the Owen scene on You Tube?

4. When will all of us get together again in one house for a party? It has to include: Matt & B,
Sue and Cam, Ems and Rob, Amy and Scott, Cat and Travis & shirley (ha,ha,ha) Mom and I?
We need a big house or hall with a large screen TV and lots of food and a computer and a
DVD, VHS recorder/player. Maybe Haley and Marcus could also come because they seem to
be almost adults now. I don't want to wait for our 50 annaversy (sp, yeah I kow)

5. I love my job. Got another raise last week. I don't work too hard and I get to watch
airplanes land and take off and get paid for it. How cool is that? I pulled my shirt over my
head this morning and the whole collar and front was wet. Tiny peed on it this morning
early. I almost hit her with a shovel or something. Got over it...sort-of.

11 comments:

Pops said...

why is my spacing all screwed up? I must be using the enter/return tab wrong? sorry! I'll it another time and do better.

Emily said...

Haha, that was funny Rob and I had some laughs, especially the incident with the shirt and Tiny (sorry..).
We would be happy to host a party of that magnitude we have all you specified, if you call our downstairs living room large and if a 46' or 50' TV (we can't remember) is large enough. Just tell is when.

I have never seen Bowfinger, but that scene sounds funny.
I found that picture on some guys website who did a top ten best things about ps ts and as.
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/planes-trains-automobiles/ it's pretty funny.

Congrats on the raise.

Sue said...

I am totally down for the family party, and it needs to be soon! We can't wait for a 50th anniversary party! That is like 4 years away! And who is Shirley? I'm assuming Booker, but did I miss something?

I haven't seen Bowfinger either. I remember the previews for that movie years ago, and it didn't seem that funny. Is it?

And Dad, nothing makes me happier than to know that you love your job and are being paid well for it. Even though you spell like crap.

Emily said...

I think Shirley is a reference to Airplane, Leslie Nelson,
"Shirley, you can't be serious"
"I am serious, and stop calling me shirley."
Just how I interpreted that, but I just now re read it and maybe it is Booker, if so I don't get it.

Sue said...

The first thing I thought of was the Airplane, "Shirley" scene too. I've never heard Booker referred to as Shirley, so I think Dad needs to explain himself!

Pops said...

Good thinking, troops! Shirley is a reference to "Airplane" Shirley I didn't mean to exclude Booker from the party, or anyone else that belong...
Bowfinger is the best!!! ever!!! Maybe top 25.

Pops said...

trying to log on

Emily said...

You excluded all kids (Haley and Marcus are now "adults") so it would make sense to exclude Booker. He can play upstairs with Scout.

Haley said...

I know! Holy cow grandpa! When Marcus and I weren't listed I seriously almost started crying....hormones anyone?? But seriously...we are adults. So offended. Haha. These comments better not start a family brawl or something.

Pops said...

Lighten up folks. Just a little dig and joke about Haley and Marcus. Of course they are adults. I you can call Matt an adult you can call anyone adult. Seriously...no offence Haley!

Pops said...

No offence to Matt ether. ( I gotta learn to spell) Just a dig, because it is so easy!