Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sundays with Sue 9/28/08

Today is the first Sunday's with Sue! Yay! I want to go over a couple of things first. Em had a good point that if we use the comments section to post our guesses, then everyone can see everyone elses guesses, and therefore cheat! So do not use the comments to post your guess. Please either email your guesses to me camandsue2004@yahoo.com, or send me a myspace message. I will collect them and then post the answer and the winners in the comments. You guys would vote me Nerd of the Year if you saw the spreadsheet I created to keep track of all this.

What do you win? Nothing, just the satisfaction that you got something Wright, hee hee (quote from dad).

We are going to use the honor system here. So if anyone decides they are going to use google or something to figure out the quote there is nothing I can do about that. But you are the one that has to live with yourself.

I am going to use quotes from movies, songs, tv shows and books. I was thinking that to make it a little more difficult, that I won't tell you what medium the quote comes from. I will this week, but let me know what you think. And if anyone comes up with any other suggestions, let me know.

Amy! You need to be in on this! Haley, if your mom doesn't create an account and join the family blog, then you need to create one for her.

Here is the first quote. It's from a movie:

Tell me you don't miss the fun?
I don't.
The laughs?
I don't.
The pizzas in the bathtub?

12 comments:

Pops said...

If you don't tell us what medium the quote is from you will lose me quick (not a big loss) as I never have watched television escept for movies and sports and news and I don't know jack about music. Other than that I am good to go now that it is after Sunday with Jesus time.

No idea about todays quote: I think I would have remembered "pizzas in the bathtub" if I had heard it...

Sue said...

okay, I'll always put what it is from. I will mainly do movies though.

And I know for a fact you have seen this movie.

Matt Wright said...

Sue: I can totally read between the lines and can tell that the whole "honor system/live with yourself" stuff was directed to me. And maybe I deserve it...But, I must defend myself a little.
I have you know that I would NEVER do that normally. I just had to get back at Dad somehow, and that is what I came up with in the short amount of time I had. I debated with myself for a while before I posted it. He deserved it though, he is trying to stir stuff up on this blog constantly, he loves to get a rise out of us. Thats why I love him.

Sue said...

Matt, I had no one in particular in mind when I made the cheating/google comment. In fact I have solid evidence that it was not directed at you!

Look at the time stamps! Dad added that comment about you using google to find the John Wayne quote at 3:55 pm on 9/28. I posted Sundays with Sue at 10:46 am on 9/28. So, unless I jumped in my time machine, went into the future 5 hours and 9 minutes, I couldn't have possibly known that you used google to look that up.

Yes, I have a time machine.

Matt Wright said...

Heehee. Ok then. I feel better.

Sue said...

Dad does try to stir things up on this blog! He seems to pick on you Matt in particular! My favorite thing he said was on the comments under his top 5 random thoughts when he says "lighten up folks". That is such dad language. I love it!

Sue said...

So I think I need to add an element to Sundays with Sue. People seem to be having a really hard time with this one! And I thought it was going to be too easy! I've only had 2 people send me guesses and 1 of them took their guess back because they didn't think it was right!

So I'm thinking that if by Wednesdays if I only have a couple of guesses, I should post a hint about the movie or another quote from the movie that is a little easier or something. There is satisfaction in guessing something right. I don't think it needs to be another post, just something in comments.

What do you guys think?

Emily said...

Sounds good. I wonder if I got it right...........

B said...

I cannot even attempt, I would just embarass myself, and you would laugh at me. I'm the worst at quotes of any kind,(ask Matt) unless my mom said them. (She tends to repeat the same stories every time you see her. You'd think she's 90 or something).

Haley said...

A hint would be good...it would just re-affirm my right guess! Hahahahaha.

Sue said...

Okay to all of you who are stuck on the quote. Here is another one from the movie.


I got to go to da hospital to getta my feet e-scraped.

Pops said...

I can't believe I am doing this at 5:45 am on a Sunday. I suspect that the contest is over and you will post the answer. Your clue did it for me. the Latina cook in the Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase movie that I am having trouble remembering the title of. I remember the dogs, the dinner, the robbery and the room over the garage. everything except the title. Oh, Well! Good one, Sue!! "Seems like old Times"???