Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome! (and rules)

Alright, the sight is formed, but not done! I have some ideas and these are just my ideas, since this is all of ours, and -I welcome your ideas. I would propose that we kind of use the same form for our posts. Such as:

Make your post title the title of whatever it is you are going to talk about

1st thing a picture if you have one
2nd thing author or director or whatever you want to use to distinguish it
3rd thing your star rating

then go into your review

Then, at the bottom of the posts while you are wrighting them (hee hee) there is a bar that says "labels for this post" please for your first one, (next time it will pop up when you start) type your name and then picks, example, I would type "Emily's picks" then a comma and type "book" "movie" and so forth. That way, we will be able to archive them by our picks and also by the genre. I will do the first official review right now to show you all.

Also, I like to create a link somewhere, where anyone can click and see an impartial view of the subject. Such as a link to the movie on IMDB or Amazon or Barnes and Noble .com, for books. (not a must, but I think we will find it handy. I almost always go to those sites anyway whenever anyone mentions something, so this would be really helpful). You will find my link to the movie I reviewed with the word "movie" (it's underlined) in my review below.

Happy reading, watching, blah blah blah

9 comments:

B said...

I love the random top 5 list idea!! I've already got 3 of them in my head, but how do I post them?! Do I have to sign on?

B

P.S. How sad. This blog does not allow anonymous comments. I can't do B style...

Emily said...

B, you need to get me a copy of your gmail address, so I can list you as an author of the blog. I restricted the comments because I just figured this would be a family thing (as in no strangers), I didn't even think of you and your B style. I am not opposed to good friends commenting on here too, I don't know how everyone else feels about that, but I just figured anyone that will be posting will have a google account, since it will most likely be just us authors.
I sent Matt an email about this, but didn't have yours. Matt needs to make himself a seperate account from you, Matt if you don't, I will, and then send you your info. Yes, that was kind of a threat.

Sue said...

This is awesome! I love really like the top 5 idea too. It can just be a random top 5 of anything entertainment related? Like the top 5 reasons Pretty Woman is one of the suckiest movies ever?

I totally agree too that strangers shouldn't be able to leave comments. People with google accounts, fine, but no anonymous ones. Sorry B! You'll just have to do all that typing!

Em, you are definitely going to have to come over sometime and show me all these fancy things, like links and stuff. I could probably figure it out, but it would take forever. And how do I become a contributor? I see Cat's name, how do I get on there?

Sue said...

Nevermind, figured it out. Helps to check my email once in a while. Also, not sure what I was trying to say when I wrote I love really like the top 5. Must have gotten a phone call or something while I typed that.

Emily said...

Glad you figured it out. I like how Cath was the first one on board. Way to go Cath!

Yes, top 5's can be totally random, just probably entertainment related.

the pretty woman one can be your first.

Haley said...

Em, did you get my email with my google account?

Emily said...

yes, and I sent you an invitation, it should be in your google email account.

Haley said...

oh haha. I never check that one! I will though.

Emily said...

Haley--
I see you are not an author yet. What is the problem???