Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cats and naps

For you cat lovers.  Just a quote from a book I am reading.  "The hammock is particularly on my mind.  I mean to string it between two old walnut trees.  I can see myself lying there in the afternoon shade with a couple of cats on my belly.  I'll be napping, of course, because there's nothing more conducive to napping than having a dozy cat or two around.  Cats have the skill of the thing and can teach you all you need to know about snoozing in a genuinely professional manner."
       "Whrlwind" by Joseph R. Garber

Thats for you peeps that don't think that I am literate or sensitive.  hahaha

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute comment, Dad. I have seen you a few times napping with a cat on your lap. It's a cute little sight! We even took a picture of you once to prove you really did like cats. You didn't use to admit it.

Sue said...

I love this! There is nothing I like more than napping with my cats. Last Sunday morning I woke up extra early, like 5am. And I could not go back to sleep. I grabbed a couple of pillows and a blanket and went out to the couch. I ended up with all 4 cats with me! Eddie and Onan on the back of the couch, Trisha on my legs and Pedro right on my feet. I was able to fall right back to sleep. Cam came in around 8:30 and started laughing at seeing me sleeping with all my cats around me.

Cat said...

Travis takes a nap with our cat almost daily. Every time he wakes up, he blames her. Dang, that kitty!

Matt Wright said...

Haha! Both those stories cracked me up!! Travis is hilarious.

Pops said...

I fell asleep in the chair at work waiting for a late plane after snowplowing for 12 hours last Tuesday or maybe monday. I didn't need a dozy cat.