Monday, October 20, 2008

Beans needs love and a funny top ten list

We had to take Beans to the Urgent Care place tonight because she refused to go potty because she said it was "too ow-ies". Sure enough, she has a urinary tract infection. She fell alseep in the car, and pretty much slept through the doctors, except when we had to get a very sleepy little sample to test. We picked up her prescription and went home where it took 25 minutes of coxing to get her to take the medicine. For any that might not know, Scout it THE WORST medicine taker on the planet. But she did real good (it took being enticed by half a mint ice cream sandwich) and lots of explainations about how it will make her better. It is going to be a long 10 days.
She periodically starts crying and clutching her little back because I think her kidney's hurt, it is really quite sad. The doc said she should be feeling a bit better in 24 hours. Anyway, thought you all should know she needs your love, she's kind of sad- but a trooper.

On another note, this made me laugh tonight, thought I would share, since many of us are fans of these guys. It was a re run, but I missed it the first time around:

8 comments:

Pops said...

Wooooo! Poor Scout with the U. tract infection. Tell her that gramps takes his medicine every morning and he will be thinking of her when he does.

Sue said...

Poor bean town monkey! Telling her peepah takes medicine everyday, just might have some positive effect on her. I hope she starts feeling better today. Keep us updated!

Sue said...

Oh yeah, I saw this top ten on Letterman last night and thought it was really funny. My favorite part of it is Al Pacino's hair. What is up with that!

Emily said...

I know! He must be doing a movie, he looked toe up!

Thanks for the concern for the bean, she says it feels better. It only took about 3 minutes of talking her into the meds this morning and the promise of some chocolate

Cat said...

Aww, poor Scout. I hope there's no danger of it moving to her kidneys. She's been cleared of that concern, yes?

Cat said...

Ha Ha, at first when at first I read your blog title, I thought Scout needed a top ten list. I was like, whaa?

Emily said...

She is not cleared of the kidney concern, but they figure they caught it early. They said they would call if they found anything alarming in the culture. She has been fine today, so I think it will disappear quickly.

Haley said...

Poor Scout! I hope she feels better soon. My friend had a kidney infection when she was 8 mo pregnant and had to have a stint put in becuase the baby was blocking the tubes! Yuck!