Monday, October 6, 2008

Cool out, COOL OUT!

I got the tickets! I bought 10 tickets to Neil Diamond! So this means everyone who said they want to go, had better, or I will smack you in the mouth! I got tickets for me, Cam, mom, dad, Amy, Matt, B, Cat, Em and Rob. There was an 8 ticket limit on how many you can buy at a time. I talked it over with Em. We thought buying 8 and then 2 would really not be fair to the 2 that had to take the ones away from everyone. So we decided splitting it up 5 and 5 would be good. It works since 2 people (Amy and Cat) are not going with their spouces, so they can be the 5th wheels, so to speak.

I know it sucks that we won't all be totally together, but the good news is we are close. I was able to get us all in the same section, same row, just a few seats apart. Well, about 14 seats apart. But that's not too bad! At least we aren't on opposite ends of the arena! I bought them online, and tried to go as fast as I could when I bought the second set of 5, but 14 seats got sold in between.

I went for the $53.00 tickets. With tax and service fees etc, each ticket comes out to exactly $67.00. The concert is Friday, December 19!

13 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Sue for getting the tickets. I'm excited. It will be great to experience Neil all together!

Emily said...

yay I am so excited!! This will be much better then seeing crazy man that THINKS he is Neil (with his son Neil).
Are you sure they are in section 11? cause that was a greyed area, unless they have changed the format to concert in the round (which is how the stage was when i saw him last time).

Matt Wright said...

Holy Crap. It's one thing seeing Neil Diamond...But seeing him right before CHRISTMAS!!! AAAAAAAHHH!!! I'm gonna DIE!

Emily said...

you think he'll sing some Christmas songs?? Holy crap that'd be cool.

Pops said...

Yum, yum...we are also very excited. It will make our christmas rock! Thanks Sue for doing all the groundwork on this. Check is in the mail for five.

Sue said...

You are welcome everyone! I have heard that he does some Christmas songs when his concerts are around Christmas.

And yes, Em. I noticed that about section 11 as well. But I double checked the tickets and that is what it says. So maybe they are doing it as a concert in the round which should be pretty cool.

Sue said...

I just called the box office to see if it is a concert in the round or not. She said right now it is not. I told her I was in section 11 which seems to be behind the stage. She said yes, and that the concert configuration is subject to change.

I messed around pretending I was buying more tickets. I tried 5 then 3 then 2, all of them came up in sections behind the stage. So my thinking is, if they sell enough tickets they change it to a concert in the round? Because if they sell full price tickets to people that are behind the stage that is the lamest thing ever! At least our tickets are not directly behind, they are to the side.

So if our tickets end up sucking, I'm sorry! I pushed the "best seats available" button. And Em, you know how I got out of line and just went to the office and did it online? Well I had to run an errand, about 5 minutes after I bought them. I drove past the Albertsons I was in line at, and it hadn't moved at all!

Sue said...

And in case any of you didn't pick up on it. I didn't literally mean I would smack you in the mouth. I was just having fun with the Will Ferrell/Neil Diamond storytellers skit on Saturday Night Live. I'm not a violent person, I really wouldn't smack anyone in the mouth. I would just scalp your tickets for like twice what I paid for them!

Emily said...

Good luck scalping tickets that are behind the stage...

I'm just kidding, I am sure they will be great== If not, we can go up to where there are rows of unoccupied seats and all sit together.

Matt Wright said...

Be careful when you watch this one...its REALLY addicting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU9lnmUHSUE

I couldn't resist

Cat said...

I love that! The BAAAABBE at the end is the best even.

Sue said...

That was the best commercial! They didn't play it very long.

Sue said...

I got the check today dad. Thanks!