Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Cookies!!

Last Saturday me, Em, Scout, Cat and Booker got together at Em's house to decorate Halloween cookies. Since we were totally abandoned by our family, and left to live in Utah by ourselves, we have to come up with our own holiday traditions, hee hee. We had a lot of fun and pretty much giggled the entire time, imagine that! Emily has the best sugar cookie and frosting recipe. Here are some pictures.

Scout was pretty excited to decorate the cookies. While we were making the different colors of frosting she kept saying she wanted to decorate the witch's broom. Then when we finally got down to decorating she totally forgot about the witch's broom.


Here is a view of the table with all the decorating supplies.


Here are two of the cookies Scout decorated. She had a lot of fun with the frosting. She didn't quite grasp the concept of holding the top of the decorating bag. I think I spent more time fixing the decorating bags than I did decorating. That black and white spider web one she decorated had about 6 inches of frosting on it. I did the pumpkin and Em did the spider web.



Here is a view of as many cookies as I could fit in the camera frame. I think I like the witch hats the best. And the kitties of course.

I had to include this picture because it has the Prudence cookie Cat decorated. We laughed so hard when she was decorating that one. It also has 2 of the witch brooms Scout talked about for over an hour then completely ignored once we started decorating.

This picture has 3 of the cookies Booker decorated. He did the tombstone, the pumpkin and the spider web. I love the face on the pumpkin. And he did a great job on the spider web.

Here are a couple of cookies I decorated especially for B. I know how much she likes purple, so I found the biggest cookie we had and covered it in purple frosting. And we thought she'd really like a tombstone with Neil's name on it.


This picture has a bunch of the cookies Em decorated. She obviously has the most artistic touch out of us all. Pay special attention to the Frankenstein head she did, you'll see why in a second. With her decorating skills and her great cookie and frosting recipes, she and B should seriously think about making and selling those Disney princess cookies B mentioned once.


And finally for the biggest laugh of the day! When we first started decorating, Cat picked a Frankenstein head and started decorating. We didn't pay much attention to what she was doing as we were all busy decorating our own cookies and fixing the frosting bags Scout was mangling. When all the cookies were decorated we were sitting there looking at all the cookies. Em noticed the Frankenstein Cat did and laughed a bit and mentioned how funny his face was. Then Em started laughing really hard, I mean really hard. Cat and I were laughing too, just because Em was laughing so hard. I didn't think the face on Cat's Frankenstein was that funny. We asked Em what was so funny. With tears pouring down her face Em says "you've got the b.b.b.b." then she laughed hysterically. Then she did it again "you've got the b.b.b.b." By now, Cat and I are laughing as hard as Em, but we still didn't know what we were laughing so hard at. Then Em did it a third time! "you've got the b.b.b.b" She was laughing so hard she couldn't even say what was so funny. Finally, Em gained enough composure to scream "it's upside down!" Cat and I looked at the Frankenstein head that Cat decorated and burst out laughing. I seriously thought I was going to choke I was laughing so hard! What Em was trying to tell us is "you've got the bolts upside down!" I think we laughed for about half an hour. Cat, you are priceless! Thank you for the best laugh I've had in a long time! Check out the picture below. Can you tell which one Cat did?






17 comments:

Haley said...

That's great! Wish we all could have been there. I can just hear that laughing part in my head, Em crying and laughing so hard. Classic. Cute cookies! I have noticed that thing that Scout did with the witch brooms with the boys I nanny, they will make a huge deal out of a toy or something and will talk about it forever and then totally forget about it. It's funny.

Emily said...

Oh man, that picture makes me laugh so hard. I still love his eyes, which is what I was originally laughing about. Until I discovered the bolts. I love it so much and think he looks more like an ogre then Frankenstein's monster. That was totally classic Cath, right down to not even noticing until I pointed it out hours later.

Sue said...

It makes me laugh really hard whenever I look at the picture too! Cat's Frankenstein head will be something we laugh at for years to come. And yes, one of the funniest things about it is that she didn't realize what she was doing. And just think, she almost didn't make down there that day! We would have missed out on one of the greates moments in Wright laughing history!

Sue said...

I forgot to mention, I was laughing really hard this morning when I was looking at the pictures after I downloaded them onto the computer. There were 3 of the Frankenstein pictures. The first 2 were quite blurry. I can only imagine I was still laughing really hard while I was trying to take the picture.

Emily said...

There are many great moments in Wright family laughing, and I don't think anyone is going to have to stretch too far to picture me laughing so hard I can't say "bolts".

Amy said...

I can picture the whole scene. Especially Cat's embarrassed giggles turning into more laughter, Emily's eyes watering, and Sue laughing so hard she can't breath. Am I wright?

Amy said...

Funny stuff. Wish we were there!!

Matt Wright said...

B and I are honored that you sent us the Frankenstien cookie in the mail! We cant eat it. The Prudence one either. The face on caths Frankenstien is so funny, I love that the hair blends in with the cut on his forhead, and the nose and mouth are just funny. Esspecially right next to Emily's!

Pops said...

this whold cookie thing is a blast! I laughed thinking about you all laughing. Could just picture it happening. Way to go!! Bolts!

Sue said...

We thought you guys would like Cat's Frankenstein and the Prudence cookie! I'm glad you haven't eaten them. I love the Prudence cookie! B told me she got a really good picture of you, Matt, and the Prudence one. Can you guys post it somewhere so we can see it please!

B said...

We have to use up our disposable camera before we can post that, sorry. I ate the Neil cookie for breakfast. I had to get it off of our table. And I am also honored that you chose to send us Caths Frankenstein.

Pops said...

Hey, all you bolt people. I took a picture of the Foos and the Prudence cookie that will crack you all up, especially Mom...it's her story about Matt that she loves.

Cat said...

POST THE PICTURE! POST THE PICTURE!

Sue said...

Yes post the picture! When B said there was a really funny picture of Matt with the Prudence cookie, it didn't even dawn on me that he was doing THAT to the cookie. Just thinking about it is making me laugh really hard right now.

So Matt, does your finger stink so bad?

Cat said...

Ha Ha! I should have drawn a little asterisk under it's tail.

Sue said...

I was thinking the same thing Cat! I had to look at the picture of the Prudence cookie. I could just imagine a little pink *

Dad has to post the picture now! It's killing me!

Pops said...

Sorry, guys: I don't know what the picture was of Matt that B took, but I used the same camera of theirs thats disposable. You will just have to wait for a bit. A bite? A byte? A smell?? hee,hee,hee,hee