Monday, October 13, 2008

LARS random comments

Mom and I watched Lars and the Real Girl Saturday night. I really liked it a lot. Not so sure what mom thought although she liked it better than "The Kite Runner" we watched the night before. The acting for all parts was really good. Lars, the brother and Sister-in-law, the girl (as you said) was great and I liked Dagmar the Doc. I thought Bianca was rather stoic. Ha ha. The writing was very good. Very sutel, very soft storytelling if you know what I mean. The progression of Lars with his disorder was really well done. The city folk and church people going along with it all was great. Lars reading Cervantes, Don Quixote, (another disalusional (sp)character) to the doll was classic if anyone noticed. Of course giving CPR to the teddy bear was cute and fun. Anyway, I loved the movie and glad we saw it.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I'm glad you liked it dad! I did notice the Don Quixote thing and thought it was funny. I liked the doctor too. She was the only actor I really recognized.

Sue said...

Did Matt and B see it?

Matt Wright said...

Not yet. School and work is crazy.