Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sundays with Sue



Sorry it's so late this week. I've had a very busy day losing money in Wendover.
So, you can probably guess that the quote from last week came from the Wright family classic Seems Like Old Times. I love this movie. Going over the quotes from this movie, made me really want to see it again. Maybe next time we are all out in Wyoming we can watch it. If B hasn't seen it, she should. I think she'd like it.
Emily was the first to guess it right. Then Amy, then Haley, then Catherine. Those were the only people who guessed. Congratulations Em! Cat first guessed The Jerk, then she took it back. But that was a really good guess Cat. Dad, I posted a second quote in the comments last Wednesday.
You might have gotten if from that second quote.
Okay, here is today's quote. It's from a movie:


Do you like Peter, Paul and Mary?
Yes I do, big fan.





12 comments:

Sue said...

Em-I added a couple of spaces inbetween the second paragraph and where I posted the new quote, but they aren't there. I went in to edit it, and I added a couple more spaces and they still aren't there? What the bip is going on? Can you do your blogger magic and add some spaces so it's easier to read?

Emily said...

Don't know how I did what you couldn't, but it's fixed.

This one is a tuffy.

Sue said...

Thanks for fixing it. I don't know what happened. I like the Sunday's with Sue thingy you put on the side of the page too.

You'll get this new one. Just think about for awhile.

Sue said...

Dad! I didn't realize you had guessed the last one Sunday morning! Sorry! Em, you need to add dad to the list of people who guessed and got it right.

Pops said...

It's wednesday night and I am at the computer eating pepperment ceam ceam and waiting for sue to give a hint on this weeks movie quote. I need a big hint.

Sue said...

Sorry, I forgot to do the hint yesterday. Not one person has guessed it yet! Here is the second quote:


Oh Dear God…and thank you….you are such a good Go to us and such a kind and gentle and accommodating God. And we thank you, oh sweet lord of hosts for the smorgasbord you have so aptly laid at our table this day and each day by day, day by day by day. Oh dear lord, three things we pray….to love thee more dearly, to see thee more clearly, to follow thee more nearly, day by day by day…Amen.

Pops said...

I got the movie. what do I do? Go to your email account. Which?
Which witch is which? quote from a byu play when I was a freshman in 1955.

Sue said...

Macbeth right? And yes dad, either email it to me or send me a message over myspace with your guess.

Emily said...

That's from MacBeth? I thought it was from some cheesy play doing a bad knock off of Abott and Castello.

Emily said...

Upon first reading the hint, I thought "Talladaga Nights" but didn't see anything about Baby Jesus and also the fact that movie isn't a "everyone's scene it" movie.
This has been on Rob's and my mind lately as when we say our meal time prayers, Scout out of the blue is insisting we mention "baby Jesus", we are very confused and wonder how our child managed to watch this movie without our knowledge!!! We have no idea where this came from, and wouldn't be puzzling at all if this was happening around Christmas, but it's not!

Matt Wright said...

Ha ha. Scout. I know the movie too, I guess I'll ask Dad what I need to do. haha. Ask Dad about a computer question... what is happening to me.

Sue said...

I own Taladega Nights, but she didn't see it at my house!