Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Props to Matt

Let's give Matt a highfive or something. He just finished editing Handcart Trek DVD documentry and it is going to be showed tonight at the Stake Center for all the kids and leaders who went and they all get a copy of the DVD and disc of all the pictures. He has been editing and working on this for weeks now and made 150 copies with labels and everything. Amy has been helping with the project also and has worked hard also. I bet Matt has over a 100 hours in it and it is all donated time. The Stake is paying for his expenses, ink, discs, cases etc. We will send you all a copy for your family. It is well done and has many pictures of Matt and Amy and Scott as well as B and Kelly. Amy and Scott both do talks and Amy some voice over stuff. Rarnee is a very talented Foos with all this video filming and editing. He has learned to use Final Cut Pro Suite and is moving into the big time with his talent.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Good job Matt! I bet that feels very good to have done, and a remarkable way to give of your time. I can't wait to see it!

Sue said...

Way to go Matt! I definitely want a copy of that. I can't believe you put in so many hours! No wonder a lot of your comments and things come in at like 1am.

I'm proud of you Rarnee!

Pops said...

You guys rule. Thanks fiddy. I couldn't have done it without Amy's help though, she had a huge hand in the creativity, story, editing, and post production. On top of everything she did as the Stake Young Womens President and wife of the Stake President. I will make some copies and get them sent to you.

Matt Wright said...

Ha ha. I didn't know dad was signed in... That last one was from the Foozy Bear.

Sue said...

I thought it was from dad, and I really thought he said "fiddy". Sometimes I think Amy is a robot.

Pops said...

Ha! I told you Matt was a cheat! Making comments under my good name and picture....tisk, tisk... How did that happen? I usually sign off and all that. What is a "fiddy"? I never have heard the term. Course I don't hear too well.

Cat said...

Pops, fiddy is fifty. Like slang.

Matt Wright said...

Wow Dad. I am really sorry, but "Fiddy" is said in the Phister home at least twice a day.
Sue: Amy is the one who said "good luck, bart luck" in a robot voice... I think you are on to something.

Pops said...

Fiddy may be said, but that doesn't mean I hear it or understand it.

Emily said...

Yay Amy! You are a wonder, we all are in awe (seriously! Don't know how you do it...)
And matt, I'd like to remind you that Amy's good luck bart luck was not quite robotic, you added that after we repeated it over 200 times on a silly night.

Amy said...

So true! The exaggerations of that innocent little statement have gotten totally out of hand. Dad is Wright (I think we should Wright is this way every time we need to say Wright on this blog! What do you think?) Anyway, Matt's talents are amazing. He is the best. You will all be impressed with his editing skills and creativity. Everyone is blown away with the professionalism of the video. I'm very proud of him. I hope he remembers us when he's famous.
p.s. I don't get the robot comment_

Emily said...

I think Sue meant "Robot" -like no human being should be able to do all that you do and stay sane! You keep track of an amazing amount of stuff.

Sue said...

Emily is Wright. That is how I meant the robot statement Ames. You can take 5 kids to volleyball/soccer/piano lessons, make San Diego specials for 100 people, (with homeade refried beans), and get your wisdom teeth taken out all in the same day! And still be all cute and calm and relaxed and funny and stay up until 3am. You're a robot.