Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday's With Sue

Fletch! This was a tough one for you guys! Only 3 people guessed and they guessed after I gave the hints! Amy was first, then Haley then Dad. I didn't hear a word from Em, Matt, Cat or B! I thought my hints would have helped all of you! Amy said I was right, Scott really likes this movie. And the common element in 3 of the quotes? Chevy Chase! It cracked me up when I realized it. Chevy Chase has a reputation for picking really bad movies. Most of his peers say that he is or was a very funny guy, but because of his habit of choosing really bad movie roles and turning down good ones, he has ruined his career. He turned down the role in American Beauty that Kevin Spacey took and won an oscar for. So I thought it was pretty funny that 3 out of the first 4 movie quotes were Chevy Chase ones! I guess us Wrights like his movies!

Here is this week's movie quote:

First I played with Judd, then I played with mommy. Now I want to play with youuuuuu!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Well that explains it, I have never seen Fletch. Does it count that that not withstanding, I guessed the common thread?

Amy said...

I'm stumped with the new one. I will need a hint I guess!

Pops said...

What do you mean picking bad movies? He was in Caddyshack...top10 ever!! I am flumoxed on the movie quote for this week. (to steal a word from Emily) I will continue to think about it. It does sound interesting.

Sue said...

Dad, I agree with you Caddyshack is totally top 10 on my list. I think it was the second DVD I ever bought. Young Frankenstein was the first. And there are a couple of the Vacation movies I like, especially the Christmas one! But I've heard it and read it, CC known for ruining his career for picking bad movies!

Pops said...

Loved Christmas vacation. Did the cat and the tree burn or was that Christmas story and the leg lamp???

Sue said...

The cat burning with the tree was Christmas Vacation with Chevy. I love that part! The old alzheimers grandma wraps up her cat and brings it as a present for Christmas. Very funny.

Sue said...

Sorry the Wednesday hint is so late! I've been working on my Halloween costume tonight. I've had 3 guesses so far! Here is the second quote (sorry Matt!) Me saying sorry to Matt is a hint in itself:

I'm going to twist your back like mine, so you'll never get out of bed again. NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN, NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN!!

Pops said...

I am totally lost on this one. It is as if I have never seen the movie.

Sue said...

You may not have seen it dad. But I bet you read the book. Also think about what I said about Matt in my hint comment, and I bet you guess it.

Pops said...

must be some scary halloween type movie that I never see. The sorry Matt hint doesn't help. That's okay, for I would rather lose all the contests than see scary movies. I'll probabaly pass on "Twilight". Not!!!!!

Matt Wright said...

I can't believe you used that quote. I couldn't even finish reading it and my heart started racing! I left and did something else!

Sue said...

I'm sorry Matt! I hesitated using it, but decided you could handle it. I even emailed Cat to see if she thought you would be traumatized by it.

Pops said...

reading Matt's comment I think I can guess the movie. Not many movies knocked matt out like that one.